Our Seminars will repeat periodically. Please check back soon for upcoming dates and subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of all our seminars and events.
Are you thinking about buying real estate in New York City or the surrounding suburbs and need some answers to the myriad of questions that such a project can pose? If the answer is yes, then don’t miss this Seminar presented by HEIMAT abroad and CityKinder in cooperation with experienced brokers Marion Miner at Stribling & Associates and Sandra Goldstein with Julia B Fee | Sotheby’s International Realty.
MR Capital Group Residental Mortgages will be present to answer questions about securing mortgages for international buyers.
There are many factors to consider when you decide to go from renting to buying and weighing city versus suburb living. This seminar is led by 2 established real estate brokers representing Manhattan and Westchester are answering questions like:
- What am I buying? – Differences between Condo, Co-op or Townhouse
- Why do I need a broker and how does he/she get paid
- Who do I need on my team? – Broker, mortgage broker, inspectors, lawyers…
- General timeline for buying a home
- Pros and cons between city and suburb living
- Taxes, savings, hidden costs
- School systems & zoning
- Commuting options and costs
- Mortgage requirements as a Visa or Green Card Holder
This seminar is open towards potential international buyers who have to adhere to some additional rules and regulations during the process.
We reserve the right to decline reservations from industry professionals (real estate brokers, mortgage brokers etc). Thank you for your understanding.
Wine and light snacks will be offered.
This seminar is held in English. Individual Q&A can be in German after the event.
Venue: German American Chamber of Commerce, 80 Pine Street, New York, NY 10005
Thank you to our host: German American Chamber of Commerce
…and our Sponsors: